SOP for Aasara Scheme Beneficiaries Outreach Campaign
The Government of Andhra Pradesh has introduced the concept of Navaratnalu as core theme of governance in order to revamp the delivery systems of Government services with an aim to improve living standards of the people. To achieve this objective, Government of Andhra Pradesh has established a system of Village/Ward Secretariats consisting of required functional assistants to strengthen Gram Panchayats and Wards and Village / Ward Volunteers for delivering government services at doorstep of all eligible households.
YSR Aasara Scheme Beneficiaries Outreach campaign:
The State Government of Andhra Pradesh has intended to alleviate the poverty in both urban and rural areas to improve productivity and living standards. As part of the “Navaratnalu”, the YSR AASARA was launched on 11-09-2020. Under the scheme, the outstanding loans of Rs 27,168 crores availed by Self-Help Groups (SHGs) across the state as of 11-04-2019 will reimbursed in four installments. In the first installment, a sum of Rs.6792 crores was disbursed to the accounts of SHGs on 11-09-2020. In the second installment, a sum of Rs.6470.76 crores will be disbursed to the accounts of 8,00,042 groups.
The objectives of the programme is
- To reach out to the maximum number of beneficiaries and ensure that the Hon’ble Chief Minister’s message reaches to them
- To maximize the involvement of stakeholders like VSWS staff, volunteers and other relevant staff of Government of AP
- To know the feedback from public on the scheme.
Components of the Campaign
As the beneficiaries receive the scheme benefit on 07/10/2021, the campaign would be scheduled to run 7 days before the launch date.
- Scheme Launch: 07/10/2021
- Village/ Ward Volunteers will interact with Beneficiaries of the Schemes on (D- 7) and will inform them regarding meeting to be arranged at Secretariats on D-1to D-5 (One to five days before the launch) Day.
- WEA/WWDS to arrange a meeting with the beneficiaries at Village/Ward Secretariats and interaction with beneficiaries (D-1) to (D-5).
- Discussed about the scheme benefit and objectives of the government for launching this programme.
- 1 to 10 Days after launch, WEA/WWDS will capture the digital signature, physical signature and photograph of the beneficiary shall be uploaded in the mobile application.
- Village/Ward Secretariats across the state
- 1. GV/WVs
- 2. WEA/WWDS
- 3. GoAP stakeholder (JC (VSWS)/MPDO/MCs, etc.,)
Roles & Responsibilities of Stakeholders
- GV/WVs to interact with Scheme beneficiaries on D-7 and mobilize the beneficiaries to programs of interaction to be conducted at VS/WS on (D-5 to D-1) as per requirement.
- GV/WVs will accompany the beneficiaries for D-1 to D-5 interaction at the secretariats.
- GV/WVs will accompany the WEA/WWDS for capturing the Digital Signature, Physical Signature of the Beneficiary and should upload their own photograph along with the beneficiary in the mobile application on the days after launch (D+1) to (D+10).
- Interact with the beneficiaries at Secretariats
- WEA/WWDS to arrange one or more than one meeting depending upon the number of beneficiaries at Village/Ward Secretariats on D-1 to D-5 (one to five days) before scheme launch and interaction with beneficiaries. Discussed about the scheme benefit, explain in detail Hon’ble CM Sir’s message and objectives of the government for launching this programme.
- The WEA/WWDS along with Volunteers will capture the Digital Signature, Physical Signature of the Beneficiary and should upload their own photograph along with the beneficiary in the mobile application on the days after launch (D+1) to (D+10).
3. GoAP stakeholder (JC (VSWS)/MPDO/MC)
- JC shall arrange meeting with the MPDOs/Municipal Commissioners to brief on the campaign and instruct them accordingly.
- MPDOs/MCs to have meetings with WEA/WWDS to brief on the event activities of the campaign.
- MPDO/MCs to coordinate with WEA/WWDS, finalize the campaign schedule and share it with the JC.
- JC to monitor and follow up with MPDOs/Municipal Commissioners on the daily attendance reports and ensure the campaign is conducted successfully.