How to file FIR in AP Police
You are now able to file complaints online in AP by using the AP Police website.
You can Lodge a FIR without visiting the Police station and you can check status of FIR online also.
Please make sure that the information you are providing online should be accurate and verify it before filing online Complaint. Lodging false complaint is a punishable.
The FIR can be registered by using the following methods explained below.
How file a Complaint or FIR?
- You need to visit the official website AP Police website.
- AP Police home page will open to you.
- Then, in home page click on three horizontal lines(menu bar) and select Citizen services.
- Click on Lodge a Complaint.
- If you don’t have any userid, just click on Register and fill up all the fields shown there and submit your registration form.
- After completing the registration, Then click on Lodge a Complaint.
- If you have already uave login credentials, enter your username and password along with CAPTHA, then click on login.
- Now you are logged in to the Andhra Pradesh Police website. You can register your complaint online and attach supporting documents. You will receive a receipt online. You can track the status of the complaint with the reference number obtained from the website.
AP Police seva app
Andhra Pradesh Police has launched the AP Police Service App with the aim of providing AP Police Department services to the door step of citizens.
Embedded with the latest technology, the app is aimed at removing the stigma attached to police stations and bridging the gap between police and civilians.
Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy launched the app from his office and 46,000 policemen from 1,000 locations across the state watched the event via video conference.
With 12 modules on women’s safety, 15 modules on cyber security, 6 modules on road safety and many more, the AP Police Service app is moving in the right direction to realize the concept of citizen-friendly policing. The app will change public perception of the police and people will now start seeing the police as a service and not as a force, he said.
The app will also significantly reduce the need to physically contact police stations, ”said Jagan.
The app comes with features to register public complaints, check FIR status and e-challans, and file applications for passports, licenses and no-objection certificates. A total of 87 police services are embedded in the app.
Launching this in-house app is a landmark event for the AP Police Department. The Department constantly incorporates technology and innovations in enhancing the efficiency of our services. DGP Gautam Sawang said that they have received 37 awards nationally for their efficient use of technology.
With a special preference on the safety of women, DGP Sawang said the app has 12 features like the Disha app and is in line with government priorities aimed at changing the system in terms of transparency and accountability.