Table of Contents
How to apply for sukanya samriddhi yojana online
What is Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana?
- Sukanya Samridhi Yojana (SSY) is a small savings scheme provided by the government for the benefit of girls. It is part of the Betty Bachao, Betty Padao scheme and can be opened by parents of girls under 10 years of age. The Sukanya Samridhi account is valid for 21 years or until the girl marries after 18 years.
Sukanya Samridhi Yojana Interest Rates 2021
- Sukanya Samridhi Yojana interest rates were announced by the government in the quarter. For Q1 (April-June) FY 2021-22, interest rates were set at 7.6% p.a.
Eligibility of Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana (SSY)
- Only the girl’s parents or legal guardians can open an SSY account The girl must be under 10 years of age at the time of opening the account.
- Only one account will be opened in the name of the girl Only two SSY accounts per family are allowed, i.e. one for each girl.
- Note: In some special cases Sukanya Samridhi account can be opened for more than two girls-If a girl is born before the birth of a couple or triplets, or if the first three children are born, then a third account can be opened.
- If a girl is born after the birth of twins or three children, a third SSY account will not be opened
Sukanya Samridhi Yojana (SSY) Deposit Limits
- The minimum annual contribution to the Sukanya Samridhi account is Rs. 250 and the maximum contribution is Rs. 1.5 lakhs in a financial year.
- You must invest a minimum amount each year for 15 years from the date of opening the account. Thereafter the account continues to receive interest till maturity.
Sukanya Samridhi Yojana (SSY) Tenure / Maturity
- Period According to the Sukanya Samridhi Yojana, the girl child is equal to her marriage after the age of 21 or 18 years.
- However, contributions are only required for 15 years. After that the account will continue to receive interest until maturity even if the deposits are not made.
How to fill SSY application form
- Applicants are required to provide some key data regarding the female child invested under the Betty Bachao, Betty Padao scheme in the SSY application form.
- Details of parents / guardians who open an account / make deposits on her behalf are also required.
- The following are the key fields that are featured in the SSY application form:
- Girl’s Name (Primary Client).
- Account Opening Parent / Guardian Name (Joint Holder).
- Initial Deposit Total Check / DD Number and Date (Used for Initial Deposit).
- Girl’s Date of Birth Primary Client’s Birth Certificate Details (Certificate Number, Issue Date etc.).
- Parents / Guardian ID details (driving license, Aadhaar, etc.).
- Current and permanent address (as per parent / guardian ID document).
- Details of any other KYC documents (PAN, Voter ID card, etc.).
After filling in the above details, the form should be signed and submitted along with copies of all applicable documents along with the Account Opening Authority (Post Office / Bank Branch).
Sukanya Samridhi Yojana Calculator
Any investment benefit is determined solely on the basis of how much the investment increases over time.
The following is a sample calculation showing the high returns you can get by contributing to the Sukanya Samridhi Yojana.
Suppose the following:
- The girl was born in 2020 and the parents will open an SSY account for her in the same year.
- After 21 years the account finally matures, where the girl child receives the full maturity amount.
Annual investment = Rs. 1 lakhs
Investment period = 15 years
Amount invested at the end of 15 years = Rs. 15 lakhs Interest rate for 1 year = 7.6% Interest at the end of 21 years = Rs. 3,10,454.12 Maturity value at the end of 21 years = Rs. 43,95,380.96.
You can also visit the official website of Sukanya samriddhi Yojana scheme for full information.