Pradhan mantri fasal bima yojana online apply
Objectives of PMFBY
- Providing insurance coverage and financial assistance to farmers in the event of failure of any crop notified as a result of natural disasters, pests & diseases.
- Stabilizing the income of farmers to continue in agriculture.
- Encouraging farmers to adopt innovative and modern farming methods.
- make sure the credit flow to the agricultural sector.
Highlights of the scheme
- Farmers have to pay a uniform premium of 2% for all kharif crops and only 1.5% for all rabi crops. In the case of annual commercial and horticultural crops, the premium payable by farmers is only 5%. The premium rates payable by farmers are very low and the government pays the balance premium to provide the full sum insured to the farmers against crop damage due to natural calamities.
Who are eligible to apply
- All farmers cultivating notified crops in the notified area during this season are eligible for crop insurance.
How to apply PMFBY
-> Farmers can apply for crop insurance online at https://pmfby.gov.in/ link.
-> when you click on the above link PMFBY homepage will be displayed as below.
-> thereafter, click on Farmer corner icon to apply for crop insurance online.
-> click on Login for farmer option.
-> Enter your mobile number and CAPTHA as shown there and click on Request OTP.
-> after you logged in with OTP fill up all fields and submit the form.
- To calculate the insurance premium payable:- https://pmfby.gov.in
How to report crop loss and claim insurance
- The farmer can report crop damage within 72 hours of any incident through the Crop Insurance App, CSC Center or the nearest agricultural officer. Claim Benefit is provided electronically to eligible farmer bank accounts.